Folding Shower Seat - Stainless Steal Frame with Phenolic Seat
- Compact design.
- Seat is constructed of durable, water-resistant, ivory colored, 5/16″ (8mm) thick solid phenolic.
- Frame and mounting bracket are type 304 stainless steel and self-locking mechanism.
- Supports up to 500 lbs (227 kg) when properly installed. Seat 18″ (455mm) wide, projects 15 13/16″ (400mm) from wall.
- Seat — One-piece, 5/16" (8mm) thick, solidly fused plastic laminate with matte-finish melamine surfaces, ivory-colored face sheets, and black phenolic-resin core that are integrally bonded — cannot delaminate. Integral slots for water drainage. Secured to frame with stainless steel carriage bolts and acorn nuts.
- Frame — 18-8, Type-304, stainless steel with satin finish. 16-gauge (1.6mm), 1-1/4" (30mm) square tubing and 18-gauge (1.2mm), 1" (25mm) diameter seamless tubing.
- Mounting Flanges (2) — 18-8, Type-304, 3/16" (5mm) thick stainless steel with satin finish. 3" (75mm) diameter with three mounting screw holes.
- Baseplate — 18-8, Type-304, heavy-gauge stainless steel.
- Spring — 17-7, Type-301, 24-gauge (0.6mm) stainless steel. Spot-welded to baseplate.
- Guide Bracket — 18-8, Type-304, 16-gauge (1.6mm) stainless steel with satin finish
- Shower seat can be folded up against the wall when not in use. The spring at the top of baseplate holds seat into upright position until released by pulling the top of seat away from wall. Bobrick Folding Shower Seats are not spring-loaded. The seats do not return automatically to the upright position after use. Support system with guide bracket allows varying mounting heights and leaves floor clear for easier cleaning. Nonporous solid phenolic seat has slots to permit water to drain, does not splinter or require oiling, and will not support growth of bacteria. Slot-less round-head carriage bolts and acorn nuts provide additional safety to user. Bobrick shower seats, when properly installed, have sufficient strength to support 500 lbs., (227 kg) complying with accessible design guidelines (including ADAAG in the U.S.A.).
- Secure unit to wall at points indicated by an S, with the two mounting flanges located at top and the baseplate and guide bracket below. The bottom of support bracket must be positioned between the baseplate and guide bracket before they are secured to wall or partition. Mounting height of shower seat must comply with local building codes. For stud walls, provide concealed backing to comply with local building codes and secure with #14 x 2-1/2" (6.3 x 65mm) stainless steel sheet-metal screws furnished by manufacturer. For prefabricated shower stalls, provided adequate backing by the shower stall manufacturer. Secure with #14 x 2-1/2" (6.3 x 65mm) stainless steel mounting screws furnished by manufacturer. Bobrick offers a mounting kit for installing shower seats. For additional mounting kits please order 252-30. One mounting kit is required for each flange. For masonry walls, provide fiber plugs or expansion shields for use with furnished sheet-metal screws, or provide 1/4" (6mm) toggle bolts or expansion bolts.
- Shower seats are no stronger than the anchors and walls to which they are attached and must be firmly secured in order to support the loads for which they are intended. Consult and comply with local building codes. To avoid potential injury, the building owner or maintenance personnel should remove the shower seat from service if the shower seat is not adequately secured to the wall. In the interests of safety and the protection of end users, this seat should not be used to support weights exceeding 500lbs (227 kg). To avoid potential seat malfunction, DO NOT use seat if weight exceeds 500 lbs (227 kg). Failure to abide by this warning may result in seat malfunctioning, potentially causing minor to moderate injury.